Alumni Celebrate 50 Years of Carroll

Hannah Harper, Social Media Editor

It’s 2018, which means that the fiftieth anniversary of the final classes of Arcola and Huntertown high schools are this year. Carroll hosted an alumni event on February 21, an event that was catered by Blue Flame, and attended by people from classes ranging from 1968 to 1947.

The night started with the Fort Wayne American Legion band performing classic songs for the guests, and allowing opportunities for couples to go to the dance floor, though most people sat and talked with old friends and classmates.

While the band was performing, guests enjoyed appetizer salads, Mixed Greens with Balsamic Vinaigrette while Blue Flame was putting together the dishes for the main course, which consisted of Sauteed Chicken Breast with Whole Grain Mustard and Sage, Garlic Red Mashed Potatoes, Lemon Scented Garlic Green Beans, Homemade Yeast Rolls, Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Crème Anglaise and Salted Pecan Brittle. The meals were prepared and ready for guests, and many plates were cleared by the time dessert was served.

After dinner was over, individual classes were called up to have their photos taken. Many classes had 4-6 people that attended the event, but some of the classes on had 1-3 people in the class that attended the event.

Principal Brandon Bitting and Superintendent Chris Himsel took the floor to inform the guests about things that have happened recently at NACS, things such as updates that NACS has had since the first graduating classes of Carroll, and other things such as upcoming events for anniversaries, such as the anniversary of the first graduating class of Carroll.

When Himsel was finished talking about the NACS community, some residents shared stories about their past in High School, though one of the stories was a little less happy. When the Huntertown school that keeps memories from the high school was being cleaned out, two of the class pictures were lost. They still haven’t found the pictures, though one of the classes had the same picture blown up and reprinted for the school.

The night then came to an end, and the alumni were all invited to the varsity basketball game, champions together game, and senior night. The alumni had a special seating area roped off at the end of the court, and the area was filled with alumni that were eager to watch. The alumni were recognized during halftime, ending a night filled with fun, food, and reunion.