The Charger Online

Athlete of the Week: QB Jack Miguel

Seen here against Bishop Luers in the season opener, Jack Miguel takes the snap from center before a fake to running back Cam Shank. Photo by Hannah Harper

Aleena Daenens, Co-Editor in chief

With the homecoming game against Northrop coming up on Friday, Quarterback Jack Miguel is ready for the competition. All of his life he had dedicated numerous hours to the field.

Jack Miguel

“I’ve been playing flag football since I was 5, and I’ve been a quarterback since then.,” he said.

He also talked about the support he has gotten from his parents ever since he was younger.

“They are my best supporters and I’ve never felt pressured from them.”

Regarding the rough start to the season, Jack strongly believes the team is just off to a slow start and there is only room for improvement.

His favorite part of the game is the camaraderie between his teammates and he doesn’t plan on playing past high school. The team is more than prepared for the big game and Jack is very excited for the challenge.

“Every game is like a competition, and each game we have an equal chance of winning,” Jack said.”Unless you’re Snider.”

About the Writer
Aleena Daenens, Co-Editor in Chief
  As the newest editor in chief of The Charger Online, Aleena Daenens exudes gravitas. Her thoughtful demeanor and her serious glasses tend to conceal her free-flowing personality. The one-time cheerleader walked a difficult path to get where she is now emotionally. People’s attitudes no longer affect her as they once did. At one time,...