Water pressure restored

April 17, 2019

The water at the high school has been restored as of shortly after noon today according to an announcement from the administration.

At approximately 11:15 a.m. Wednesday, April 17, it was announced that the water pressure was off around the building-meaning toilets, sinks, and water fountains were not working.

In the cafeteria, the tray drop off was closed, and because trays had already been given out to some students in A lunch, trays piled up beside the non-flowing waterway that normally moves through the dishwasher. Many students used the styrofoam replacement trays once the water situation was announced.

Bathrooms were not officially closed, but toilets were unable to flush, due to lack of water pressure, and students were not allowed to leave cafeteria during lunch to use the restrooms. Some bathrooms, including the ones outside of the cafeteria, had hand sanitizer available as a replacement to washing hands.

No further information has been provided to the students and teachers other than that the water pressure was not working and no water was not available. Further updates will be provided once information is received.

UPDATE

At 2:05 p.m. on April 17, teachers received an email from Principal Brandon Bitting informing the staff that the water main break from DuPont Road construction caused the water pressure to fall.

Even before information of the cause of the lack of water was given to administration, arrangements were beginning through the administration to get drinking water and restroom use for students.

At approximately noon, Chief Operations Officer John Miller provided the administration with the information from the city water department that the water was once again fully operational in the building.

The Charger Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Charger Online Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *