1,000 for Fordyce

The+Friday+night+crowd+stands+to+honor+Senior+Taylor+Fordyce+scoring+1%2C000+points+in+her+high+school+career.+Photo+by+Avah+Crane.+

The Friday night crowd stands to honor Senior Taylor Fordyce scoring 1,000 points in her high school career. Photo by Avah Crane.

A career that started in 2019 as a Freshman at Carroll High School, now Senior Taylor Fordyce has scored her one thousandth career point.

On Friday Night’s Girls Varsity Basketball game against Bishop Dwenger, Fordyce scored her one thousandth point during the first quarter.

Taylor had a quiet night the previous game, only scoring 8 points, which was her season low. She followed that up with a 13 point performance on January 6th, eclipsing 1,000 points in her Carroll High School career.

“To be apart of something only 4 other Chargers have been apart of,” Fordyce said. “This is a huge moment for me, but there is still work to be done with the postseason coming up.”

The Chargers have 5 more games remaining on the 2022/2023 campaign, and then the postseason which has yet to be determined.

One thing is for certain though, the Chargers will need more performances like the one on Friday from Fordyce if they want to get past the gauntlet sectional.