The Student News Site of Carroll High School

The Charger Online

The Charger Online

The Charger Online

Weimer paints own legacy

Weimer paints pictures of his late grandpa in the fields, yet has a standard life otherwise.

Following his graduation from IPFW in 2014, Weimer used to be a teacher at Eastside Junior-Senior High School in Dekalb County. According to KPC news, he joined in 2015. He was the head of stagecraft set building at Eastside.

“I built all the sets and did all of the props and all that. It took a long time to do the props. It’ll usually take a few months to plan and develop and to build it, it takes two or three months or so,” said Weimer.

Outside of school. He is married to his wife whom he met at Ball State University. As the story goes, he was visiting friends at the campus, and he met her. They exchanged numbers, talked, and eventually got married.

Weimer’s paintings of his family featuring his daughter, dog, wife, and grandfather

They then had children. Their girl, Adeline, is five. Their son, Liam, is two. He likes to paint pictures of his family.

Despite being a great painter, he says that replacing Scott Kilmer, a beloved teacher and artist, was no small feat.

“Initially, I was a little-not intimidated, but he’s a great artist, a fantastic painter, and like I said, those are some pretty big shoes to fill. I realized that I have a role to fill that is pretty big, left behind by him. So, I was a little scared at first, but I’m kind of coming into it. The other teachers here in the art department are great, so we all get along,” said Weimer.

Jamie Bauer, the digital design teacher, says that he “seems like a great person” based on what she’s seen of him.  Weimer’s students agree.

“I think that maybe teaching your first year at Carroll would be really intimidating because it’s such a big school, there’s so many different kinds of students,” said Kendall Hartman. “I know that he teaches two different classes because I’m in both his 2D and 3D class. Props to him for being able to put up with all of us, because I know it can be a lot sometimes.”

As well as this she has a lot of respect for how he treats everyone equally.

“One of the students in my 3D art classes, she’s in the special needs room, and she comes down for Intro to 3D Art, and he is so patient with her and kind to her,” said Hartman.

Overall Weimer looks forward to his future in art, and his overall career.

“Art is my passion and it’s right where I want to be. I feel like I still have a lot to accomplish in my career,” said Weimer.