The Student News Site of Carroll High School

The Charger Online

The Charger Online

The Charger Online

Sliding into Regionals in Style

Both Girls and Boy’s teams won Sectionals
Soccer+Celebrating+a+Goal.++
Krystel Macias
Soccer Celebrating a Goal.

The weather starts to turn, the leaves start to fall and the ball finds the back of the net.  It’s time for soccer regionals in the Hoosier State.

The Chargers both won their respective sectionals on Saturday with the boys beating Snider 4-1 and the Girls beating Dekalb 8-0 to advance to the regionals this week.

The boys played a solid sectional beating South Side 4-0 and North Side 5-0.  The boys only gave up on goal in the entire sectional and will take on Harrison High School from Lafayette on the road.  The team has 15 wins in a row and looks to make it 16 on Tuesday.  This is a rematch from last year’s regional semi where Carroll bested the Raiders at home.  The Chargers fell in the regional final to Noblesville last season.

Moving over to the Girl’s side.  The team played Northside and Snider in the first two rounds winning with a combined score of 18-1.  Scoring has not been a problem for the Lady Chargers so far this postseason putting up almost 25 goals in three games.  The team will also travel to Harrison on Thursday for the regional semi.  Last season the Chargers beat McCutchen High School in the semi-final and lost to Noblesville in the regional final.  This squad is poised to make a deep run this year and the next step is Thursday.

Boys soccer posing for a picture after winning the sectional title. (Carroll Athletics)