The Student News Site of Carroll High School

The Charger Online

The Charger Online

The Charger Online

Gameday Chronicles The FINAL SAC Doubleheader

Carroll vs Snider Friday 1/26/24

The end of January is here.  The Basketball season is heating up and the weather is cooling down. It’s almost playoff time in Indiana.

Girls:

Time: Girls at 6 p.m.

Where: Carroll High School

Stream:  https://www.ihsaatv.org/carrollhighschool/.      

Bottom Line: The girl’s team has built some momentum over the past week or so winning 3 straight games vs Luers, South Side, and North Side.  The level of competition hasn’t been the greatest but wins are wins.  On the other hand, the Snider Panthers come into the matchup 18-2 after winning the SAC and being ranked #4 in the state.  This game will probably be over by halftime as the Chargers will likely go all out before the sectional title game next week.

Coaches: Reggie Tharp, 39-7 in 2nd year at Snider. Mark Redding, 177-107 in the 12th year at Carroll, 371-279 in the 29th year overall.

Last Season: The Chargers dropped both matchups to the Panthers last season.

This could be a very one-sided game from the jump, look for Snider to start hot and pull away.

Boys:

Time: 7:30

Where: Carroll High School

Stream:    https://www.ihsaatv.org/carrollhighschool/?B=767554

Bottom Line: After an incredibly difficult 40-day stretch the Chargers return home to Charger Fieldhouse to take on the Snider Panthers.  The Chargers enter the matchup 6-9 after picking up wins vs South Bend Saint Joe, Dekalb, and South Side on their road trip.  The only win that was decisive was up at Dekalb winning by 20.  The Panthers on the other hand enter 9-7 with some good wins of their own, but they have a couple of bad losses including to New Haven.

Coaches: Josh Riikonen, 9-7 in 1st year at Snider. Ryan Abbott, 20-41 in 3rd year at Carroll, 137-136 in 12th year overall.

Last Season: The Chargers won by almost a 20-point margin.

This should be a close game which will undoubtedly come down to the buzzer in true Carroll fashion.