The Student News Site of Carroll High School

The Charger Online

The Charger Online

The Charger Online

Senior Slumps Sweeps the School

As the end of the school year approaches, many teachers and counselors have observed that many seniors are experiencing a condition known as “senioritis”.

This is a phenomenon where high school seniors tend to become less motivated and less focused on their schoolwork as they approach the end of their final year.

This can be due to various factors, including a sense of relief after years of hard work, excitement about the upcoming summer break, and even anxiety about the uncertainties of the future.

“It [senioritis] causes students to make bad choices, not being as diligent about school things as they should be, slacking off, having a “just wanting to be done” attitude,” said the Councilors Department Chair Sally Lehman.

As the end of the school year approaches, senioritis is spreading among students, prompting teachers and counselors to consistently encourage them to maintain a positive attitude and stay focused until the end of the year.

“I would just remind students that this time in life passes by very quickly (even though it may not feel that way now). I would say take the time to enjoy these final days with your friends and family before the joys of adulthood kick in,” said English teacher Melinda Hopkins.

As the seniors eagerly anticipate the end of their high school journey, they must remain focused and give their best effort during finals and exams.

“Stay focused and keep your mind on the future ahead,” said Lehman.